Pages

Friday 29 November 2013

Deviled Eggs

The day is finally here!
Tonight my roommate and I are hosting a Christmas party at our apartment for all our friends (all twenty plus of them!).It's going to be a crazy amount of crazy people...but that's what Christmas is for :)
For an appetizer tonight I'm making Deviled Eggs - it's one of my favourites I used to love as little kid when mom would make them. They're also super easy to make, so no excuses to not try them!!!

You'll need:

A dozen hard boiled eggs
3/4 cup mayo
1 and 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
A pinch of salt
Paprika for garnish


Boil the eggs for about 15 minutes, and when cool to the touch, peel (it speeds up the process if you run them under cold water). 


Cut each egg in half, placing the yolks in a bowl and the hardened whites on a plate.



Mash up the yolks with a fork until they are nice and crumbled.


And then add the mayo, mustard and salt and mix together until relatively smooth to get rid of any big chunks.


Then arrange nicely on a platter and sprinkle with paprika for garnish! 



There you have it...Deviled Eggs. There's carrots on the platter for the sole reason my platter was too big and it looked kinda awkward. This is Christmas time. There's no need to worry about eating a balanced meal all the time.

1 comment:

  1. My dearest daughter, I am so looking forward to your cooking at Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete